Pages

Monday, May 24, 2021

School days

Emma is taking her last two classes this term at BYU.  She is enjoying them.  One is a translation class.  I think.  I don't know the official name.

For her project, she is reading three different translations of the Finnish epic, the Kalavala.  Hearing her discuss the pros and cons of each translation with Adam makes me glad I'm not in college anymore.  

Mark and Adam are all in with Eurovision.  

They watched it late at night.  School night?  What's that?  I get an automated call every day from the school telling me Mark missed this period or that period.  That's on you, school.  You're the one that said attendance wasn't going to matter this year.  

Mark texted us Eurovision updates that I saw the next morning (because I actually do go to school).

Braeden lent some of his insight:



I just wanted to illustrate that our family group chat is a safe space where no one gets mocked....

As for me, Friday was field day.  When I was in 4th grade I faked a sprained ankle on field day and my parents let me skip school in 5th and 6th grade on field day.

I had to go to field day as the teacher though.  

Before it started, I pulled out some hot wheels and tracks the third grade team bought recently for force and motion instruction.

It felt like Christmas morning.




I loved listening to them problem solve and figure out that the track couldn't be too steep or the cars wouldn't stay on.  We tested which car was fastest and it blew their minds that the heavy cars were faster.

This is the last week of school.  The kids are keyed up, the teachers are walking around with wild eyes and at the end of each day we feel battle worn, yet triumphant.  We did it!  We survived another day in May!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails