Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Weekend

Friday after school, Adam and I headed to Nevada for Marianne's 50th birthday party.  We were two hours late for the surprise, but we still got some good food and I won a prize in the Marianne trivia game which wasn't really fair because I've known her for 48 of those years plus I cheated a little by asking Olivia on a few of them.

I still took the prize.

I love my sisters.  I'm always happy when I get to celebrate with them and their dazzling children.  I loved when Morgan arrived partway through the party, home from a track meet.  His four sisters descended on him and he backed away, but he was smiling.  Sisters are a blessing.  I stole this picture from Olivia's blog this morning.  



We visited into the night and then Braeden and Anna (who were also there) and Adam and I went with my parents to their house for the night.  We haven't stayed there for a very long time and it was nice to be back. All the things that used to seem commonplace are nice to revisit now that we've all been vaccinated.

My mom made us a lovely breakfast and we enjoyed visiting some more and I didn't want to leave, but I also wanted to get back to lay eyes on Mark, who I haven't seen too much of lately, before his call time.

We stopped at Olivia's on our way.  She had dug up some yellow roses for me.  I'm determined to get yellow roses and she generously keeps giving me starts to kill.  I have a good feeling about these.  When we were in church and singing "Love at Home," and got to the part "roses bloom beneath the feet," I whispered to Mark, "Maybe that's the secret to getting the roses to live.  Love at home."  I'll try.

Adam spent most of the rest of Saturday on his talk for church and I went grocery shopping and did a few tasks.

We went to Mark's show again.  It's not terrible, sitting there next to Adam.  We sat in the back row so we could see more of the set.  The cast comes in a few times and walked up the aisles singing.  Mark poked me on the back.  I like hearing him sing.  

Adam gave his talk in church.  He did a good job, like I knew he would.  He always gets very nervous, but I always have a lot of confidence in him.

I took two naps on Sunday afternoon.  If that isn't a good mother's day, I don't know what is.  We had dinner and I opened gifts.  Some of the kids wanted to play a game and I said I wanted to go on a walk instead.  So we did.  That is also a good mother's day.

I am grateful for my good mother and Adam's good mother.  I'm grateful for our grandmothers and all the women who have impacted my life in important ways.  I'm grateful I get to be a mother.  It is not an easy job but I'm glad it's mine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails