Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

When a bowl of low quality chocolate is your solace

Yesterday was a whole thing.  We started testing.  I knew about how it was going to go when I wrote the test ID on the board and one of my students came up and asked me if she could erase it. (They LOVE to erase the board.)

"I just wrote it," I said.

She looked at me blankly.

"I need it," I said.

Then I told her to go back to her seat.

I walked them through logging in.  They were to type in their name and then their SSID which was on a card I gave them.  I said, "The test ID is on the board."

I had no fewer than ten students ask me what the test ID was.

IT IS ON THE BOARD.

Sometimes I think about the fact that I have a pretty house and an entire shelf of books that I haven't read yet and what on earth am I doing wasting my time when I am clearly not.  Getting.  Through.

We got through day one of testing though.  

After school we had a faculty meeting.  For 1 1/2 hours.  It was all about proposed changes for next year and here I am with a not so bendy brain and it stressed me out.  I was sitting next to the kindergarten teachers.  Halfway through the meeting one of them leaned over to a nearby table and grabbed a bowl of chocolates.  We sort of stress ate through the rest of the meeting.

It was that kind of day.

In my box in the workroom, there was a book from the PTA with contributions from my students about me.  

It 100% delighted me.

There was a certain amount of effusive hyperbole:


And also some honesty:




And I decided that the shelf of books can wait their turn.  Also Kate told me, "We only have three more Mondays."

That, my friends, sounds doable.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I love this. What a blessing you are to the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails