Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

I could never have an office job

Sitting all day is not for me.

Yesterday I was in an ALL day meeting at school and it was no fun.  Sitting at a table in the school library for almost 8 hours was the worst.  I usually get about 10,000 steps just living my normal teacher life and yesterday when I got home, I looked at my fitbit and I had 3,500 steps.  No wonder I had a headache.  

The good news is that my friend Misty was my sub.  She has substituted for my class before and they love having her.  She got there before my meeting started and so I asked her advice on my bookcases because I know she is an organization guru.  She said she'd think on it.

Then she texted me pictures of my class and their engineering project (which I loved receiving) and after school she sent me an idea for my bookcases.  When I finally got back to my classroom, well after school was over and done, there were post it notes on the board where my students had written something they were proud of about the day.

So I guess the takeaway is that if you have to sit in a meeting all day, get Misty as your substitute.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails