Pages

Monday, June 28, 2021

At last

Our painters finally finished and left on Saturday afternoon.  They were here working for 10 solid days.  

They said that we will miss them and that maybe we'd want to have a recording of them working in the house for ambient noise.  Funny guys, but no.  

The house is maybe 60% back together.  I worked diligently on Saturday and my back was aching and I was narrowing in on 13,000 steps (it's nice to have a fitbit; it helps you feel like a martyr).  Adam told me to stop.  I told Adam I would quit at 9:00.

Around 9:30, I was in the garage, getting stuff and Adam said, "It's after 9:00.  You are supposed to be done."

He was mowing the lawn.  Our lawn mower has headlights, if you must know. 

I said, "I decided to work until you're done."

Adam said, "No, stop.  I still have to mow the front yard and you have to stop."

So I did.  Adam came up a few minutes later (the front yard is small).  I said, "It's a good thing I'm a patient person or this would be really hard."

And Adam laughed a lot.  Because I'm not a patient person.  I want to be Samantha in Bewitched and twitch my nose and have everything organized again.

A good part of all the chaos has been that I've gone through things and discarded things and organized things and that all REALLY needed doing.

Here's one of the few rooms that is back to normal.  It makes me feel like I can breathe.


Today is a day to get a lot done!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails