Pages

Friday, June 25, 2021

Grateful Friday

They are supposed to be done painting today.  (They were supposed to be done yesterday but I'm feeling hopeful.)  I am looking forward to putting it all back together.

Wednesday we had lunch with Marianne and Robert and some of their kids.  It was right before sending Hyrum off to the MTC.  He and I shared a creme brûlée and I love that kid.  He's smart and funny and good.  He will be a great missionary.  I'm grateful for nieces and nephews.

Yesterday was cool and rainy.  A change is as good as a rest!  Emma and I took a walk in the late morning.  You can't normally do that in the summer without it being too hot.  It was lovely.

I am super grateful about my tooth.  My dentist was very doomsday about the whole thing.  "We'll see if this works, your body may reject the filling."  "You may need to get an implant, we'll see."

And my tooth has been hurting.  A lot.  I went to the dentist and had the bite corrected.  It helped a little.  It still has been hurting.  A lot.

I called the dentist again.  Maybe I need the bite corrected some more?  They told me to go to the endodontist.  

Because my default is often worse case scenario, I was pretty sure it was going to be bad news.  I was pretty sure they were going to say I would need the tooth pulled and I would need an implant.

But.

He had me bite and said, "That is the only place in your mouth where your teeth are meeting!"

He ground away and ground away at the filling.  He said, "No wonder you have been hurting!" (Which it must be said, was validating.)  Every time he had me bite, it would feel a bit better.  Finally he pronounced me as good as new.  And it doesn't hurt!  For the first time in about 2 months.  My. Tooth. Doesn't. Hurt.

I've never loved an endodontist so much (or at all, but still).


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

So glad you are out of pain!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails