Pages

Friday, June 18, 2021

Grateful Friday

This week I've been super grateful for Mark.  On the days he hasn't been scheduled to work, he has worked very hard.  He has been 100% at my beck and call and he is not only helpful + strong, but he is willing.  My children went through stages of willing but not helpful, helpful but not willing and then now, helpful and willing.  It's like the reward for feeding them all those years.  

He moves stuff and listens to me talk over logistics and then provides strong opinions when my decision fatigue takes over.

I purely hate this.  It's too much upheaval but having Mark here is a big help, except for when he accidentally dropped ten pounds of flour on the floor:


He cleaned it all up and groused the entire time about the poor design of the bin that caused him to drop the flour.  

It was completely on brand for him.

I'm grateful for his adeptness with tools when needed, for his strong arms and for his company.  Also, only a handful of my readers will get this reference but he is a subscriber to the Egbert Load mentality.  When you know you know.  We took some things to my classroom (mostly heavy boxes of books) and he put his arms out and said, "Load me up."

I loaded him up with a ridiculous amount and he kept saying more because he didn't want to make another trip.  He was staggering and panting by the time I was fumbling with my keys at the classroom door but he did it!

And then, he remembered we needed to stop at Walgreen's which I'd forgotten for several days for a row.

I'm grateful for some precious time with that kid.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails