Pages

Monday, June 7, 2021

Happy weekend

I only have time for a brief post this morning but I wanted to record the lovely weekend we had.  Saturday we drove to Nevada and spent the afternoon with my parents which was very nice.  My mom and I looked through some pictures for their 50th wedding anniversary soiree that we are having this summer.  (It's actually their 51st anniversary this year but I don't know if you heard?  We had a pandemic.)

I loved the pictures and we found some gems.  For example, a prom picture:


My mom told me she loved that dress so much she wore it to two proms and my dad "didn't mind."

I found this picture of my grandpa, who I never knew because he died when I was 15 months old, holding me.  My mom told me how happy he was when I was born and that makes me happy and also feel like I have a hole in my life because I missed out.


I found this picture of my great grandma (my above grandpa's mother), who I adored.  She always made me feel loved and I remember that pink outfit I'm sporting made me feel glamorous because it had little roses on it.


Saturday night we went to a neighbor of my family where Lili's graduation party was being held in conjunction with other graduates.  It was easy to spot my Davis family.  We were the ones not wearing wranglers and cowboy hats.

I had a delightful time reconnecting with my friend Nancy.  I introduced her to Adam and our kids and I said that she was my cousin but I didn't really know how.  I knew we weren't closely related.  We puzzled over it and had no cell service to use Family Search but then we found my mom and Nancy and I are third cousins once removed.

No wonder we like each other so much since we are so closely related....

We stayed in a hotel in Wells that night because my parents had a full house.  Sunday morning I saw Elaine Swanson at the hotel where she was picking up a friend.  She was my 6th grade teacher and then I was her teacher's aide my junior and senior years of high school.  There are many ways that she formed me as a person and as a teacher and I love her.

Then at church I saw my second cousin MarJanna who I don't think I'd seen for decades.  I was happy to see her.

Reconnecting is a wonderful thing.

Hyrum spoke in church in anticipation of him leaving soon for Ghana to serve a mission.  I was all kinds of proud of that kid.  He will be great and it will be hard and that will make him even greater.

What a good system.

We had a big party after church at Marianne's and I loved visiting with our family.  It still feels like such a gift to live nearby.

We took the opportunity of so many uncles and a grandpa and a cousin to have Adam ordain Mark an elder.  (Grandma Geri joined us via FaceTime).  Here's a picture of the group.  

from left:  Hyrum, Enoch, Mason (Desi's fiancé), my dad, Mark, Tabor, Braeden, Edgar, Robert and Adam

We drove home in the late afternoon and I have a to do list made for a champion today so I'd better get to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails