Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

How it's going

I was talking to Olivia and Marianne called me but I stayed talking to Olivia.  Then Marianne called Olivia on a different phone but we kept talking.  Then I hung up with Olivia and called Marianne and while we were talking Olivia called Marianne.

It was not the first time something like that happened.

***

The main floor and the basement are now put back together.  The upstairs had been mostly put together but I came across a lot of stuff that belongs up there so it's now a mess.  And the garage has a lot of stuff in it still.

I feel like I'm paddling upstream here.

***

When I need someone to tell me to get rid of something, I ask Mark.  His answer is always yes.  Unless it's  Lego instructions.  Lego instructions for days.  And when I told Mark we had too many Legos, he said, "You bought them for me," and he is right.

***

I didn't feel like I had time to stop and do some ministering interviews but I stopped and did a few and I felt good after connecting.  Doing the right thing usually turns out to be...the right thing.  Who knew?

***

We have too many books.

But I want more.

But we have too many.

***

Yesterday I got an email requesting I fill out a survey about how my wrist is doing a year after the surgery.  It asked me to rate the difficulty I had in lifting 5 pounds, buttoning buttons, reaching a high cupboard, things like that.

Wow.

It made me feel super grateful.  Besides the kind of ugly, but I'm used to it by now, scar on my wrist, I don't even think about my surgery.  My wrist is fine.  When I think about all the ways my wrist serves me without complaint, especially in the last weeks, I am amazed.

I think I take this body, that gets tired and hurts sometimes, too much for granted.  It works hard.

And I'm grateful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails