Pages

Monday, August 30, 2021

What matters

I spoke in church yesterday.  I basically do public speaking all day everyday, but I was still really nervous.  I think it is harder when they aren't 8 years old.

Adam said that I should post my talk on my blog but it was sort of long for a blog post.  I can tell you the gist though.  I was asked to speak about family history and taking the names of family members to the temple to perform proxy work for them there.

I talked a little about my great grandma, Arvella Jaynes.  We called her Grandma with the Brown Eyes when we were little, to distinguish her from our other grandmas.  How I loved her!

I talked about her Book of Remembrance and how she sparked an interest in me about family history.  

I talked about Adam's dad, Linn, and how much it mattered to me that we were sealed together as a family.

I talked about Stella, and how much helping her with her family's temple work matters to us.

I talked about the new temple in Elko, NV and how much that matters to the people living there.

I guess what it comes down to is that it all matters a lot.

We have ward members in the hospital and really struggling in a lot of ways, one of my sweet students suffered the death of his father this past week, the news in the world is dark and grim.

Yet twenty temples were announced at the last conference.

Temple covenants are the answer to everything troubling us.  What a blessing that we can be sealed together forever!  Can anything matter more?


2 comments:

Edgar Cobian said...

I wish I could have heard your whole talk! It sounds like it was amazing!

Mark Dahl said...

I would have liked to have heard it also. Was it on zoom. Your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails