Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Revisiting

 


Saturday we went to the Stillaguamish River.  It is one of our places.  If there ever were a place that makes us drop our shoulders and exhale it is Cascade Park on the Stillaguamish River.  It defines relaxation.  I don't know how many hours I've logged sitting in a chair reading while my family swims but not enough.

I've gotten in the water a few times over the years but rarely because it's rarely warm enough to swim.  My family doesn't need it to be warm to swim.  They just need water.

Geri asked me to take pictures and I did...from my chair.  I don't think I'm the best choice for someone to take pictures.  I don't take good pictures or very many of them.

Here was my view:

The two gingers:  I loved the way Talia's hair was aflame in the sunshine

Geri, Adam and Emma

Megan came too but I didn't get a picture of her.  (Honestly, did I get a good picture of anyone?)  

I read and read my book but was pulled back to reality by a third grader in distress.  Those are my people. A little boy, down the beach a little, got lost from his family and I heard him wailing.  I walked down to him and reassured him that we would find them.  I found out he is going to be a third grader and I told him I'm a third grade teacher.  I walked him to the campsite where his family was loading up and maybe that absolves me a little from when we left Mark in Chelan?

Mark has created a new verb.  For example, when Adam almost drove away from a rest stop in Oregon, without Emma, Mark stopped him.  "Dad?  You know Emma's not in the car, right?"

No.  He did not.

When Emma got in the car, Mark said, "Dad almost Chelaned you."

After the river, we met up with Jackson and went to Mukilteo.  We had pizza at Brooklyn Brothers which is still as good as we remember and then we went to the waterfront to check out the new ferry terminal.

It was gorgeous!  The building is inspired by Coast Salish longhouses.  It featured lots of Native art and was just lovely.  It didn't hurt that there was a beautiful sunset going on.

Geri, Emma, Mark, Jackson, Megan and Adam

I only look awkward in pictures.  It's my talent.  It doesn't help that I'm sure Adam said something to me right before the picture to make me on the edge of laughter.






I loved this picture of Mark and Jackson, bathed in golden light.

It's a beautiful world.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You look darling in pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails