Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Amping up

Long focused days in my classroom are back.  I have loved chatting with other teachers over the hum of the copy machines.  We're happy to be back together.  

I heard children's voices in the hall because some teachers were testing yesterday.  It made me happy.  

I have figured out how to fit 34 desks in my classroom and it feels slightly insane but this is the world I live in.

I did the mandatory district training.  Canvas is soul deadening.

I took a plant for Kate's classroom.  I told her philodendrons are impossible to kill, then I admitted I knew of two people who had killed them.  Still.  

The custodian told me that I am getting a new countertop and cabinets for my classroom.  He said it usually takes about 6 months and they were ordered at the beginning of summer.  So maybe it will be my Christmas present!  That will be amazing!

I also found out Janelle's classroom is 25 square feet bigger than mine.

Humph.

I saw two of my former students and they smiled shyly and one of them came up to me for a hug, then hesitated, then hugged me anyway.  

I have a BIG class this year.  Will I love them as much as my classes in the past?  

I'm pretty sure I will.





2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I'm sure you will too. Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

Liliana is one who killed a philodendron--the one you gave her. I've killed one before too. Are we the ones you are referring to?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails