Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

How about some good news?

I think they have told everyone they wanted to tell in person, so I can freely talk about it.

I am going to be a grandma!  I am thrilled; the only downside is the darn parents moved away!

The baby is due in March.  I have already asked Adam how many books are too many to buy for a grandchild.  He didn't answer so I'm guessing that means proceed.

Every one of my friends who has achieved grandparent status tells me how wonderful it is.  It feels kind of dreamy and it gives me something happy to think about.

I told Adam the other day that instead of starting a new chapter, I feel like we're starting a new part.  If our lives together were like a long novel, divided into parts, with the parts divided into chapters, I think we are starting Part III.

Part I was our falling in love and getting married.

Part II was having children.

Part III is this empty-ish nest, grandparent, new frontier.

I don't think I was prepared for Part II so I guess it's OK that I don't really know what to expect...except everyone says expect good things.

I'll take it.

3 comments:

Gwilliam Fam said...

Congrats!!!

Marianne said...

I'm so happy and excited for all of you. All of us, actually!!

Olivia Cobian said...

Hooray! Zion is growing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails