Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Twenty-six

Today is our 26th anniversary.   Twenty-six years feels like a long time, but I am grateful for eternity.  Forever feels about right.

Marriage is a good idea.  Marriage to Adam is an even better idea.  A while ago, my dad said that I was fortunate to have married someone so intelligent.

I said, "I knew what I was doing."

Like I deserved the credit.

I don't really think I did know what I was doing though.  I knew I was marrying someone who would be unfailingly kind to me; I knew I was marrying someone who was smart and good and witty.  I didn't know what a good dad he would be.  I didn't know what a pillar of strength he would be to me in trials.  I didn't know that he would always know exactly what food I felt like eating, even when I told him I didn't feel like eating anything.  I didn't know he would know how to set my alarm clock when that thing is a complete mystery to me.  I didn't know that he would be willing, even want to, read all the directions so I wouldn't have to.  I didn't know how much I would appreciate him when everything feels fraught and uncertain.

I'm always certain of him.





6 comments:

Gwilliam Fam said...

Happy anniversary! If Adam ever suffers from self doubt, he can just read your blog posts and feel much better about himself.:) Also, that picture is adorable.

Geri said...

Happy Anniversary. :) You two compliment each other and make a wonderful team. Love you both.

Marianne said...

What a legendary couple! Love you two!!

Mark Dahl said...

I love this post, Thelma. I'm so glad you found each other. Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

What a great photo of a wonderful couple!

Jen Dahl said...

Happy Anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails