Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

Reconnecting

Thursday we drove to Seattle.  Having four drivers is not bad.  We stopped often (me) and drove fast (me...and Emma) and made pretty good time.  Emma and Mark kept us in music and Adam and I also listened to podcasts when our kids zoned out with their AirPods.  I remember taking that drive and packing diapers, snacks, sippy cups, blankets, toys, DVDs, and CDs along with my desperation.

This is better.  

It was wonderful to go over the mountains into a different world, Western Washington.  There were tears shed and not by me.  

In a rare turn of events.

We almost immediately started watching the Mariners game and it felt like summers past.  We were lounging on comfortable couches in Geri's lovely house.  It just feels reassuring and always has.

I eventually went to bed when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.  There are Mariners fans and then there are Mariners fans.  I'm way less avid than some.

Geri gives up her bedroom to us when we're there and as someone who unfortunately channels the princess and the pea, I'm very grateful.  I sleep well and it helps how cool Seattle summers are.

Friday morning we went to Snohomish and Emma and I went to a few stores.  We soaked in the charm.  I don't even have to buy anything, it gives me a jolt of happiness to see such pretty things.  Mark wanted to have lunch at The Blazing Onion which is a hamburger place.  There are so many good places like that in Utah, that it felt underwhelming by comparison.  Still good though.

They dropped me off at Janet's for a playdate and everyone else went to Martha Lake to swim.  It's a perfect arrangement.

I sat at Janet's counter and she prepped salsa and we talked and talked and talked.

I wonder if the two of us could ever run out of things to talk about?

Adam came and picked me up and we had dinner at Geri's.  Raelyn, Talia and Scott came.  It was fun to reconnect with them.  

I nabbed some pictures of Geri's off Facebook:

Mark wasn't about to stop eating to pose for a picture.  Here's Talia, Emma, Mark and Raelyn

Emma and Scott playing ladder golf

In addition to ladder golf, we played corn hole and Code Names.  And laughed a lot.  

It was wonderful to reconnect.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails