Pages

Monday, August 1, 2022

A good weekend

Unexpectedly on Friday I got to see Tabor and his family.  I hung out with their girls while Tabor and Katie went to the temple.  We talked about what they're reading and I taught them how to play the card game, golf.

I didn't win.


We had lunch and then Tabor and Olivia and Ruby went back to the temple for baptisms and Charlotte and Katie stayed with me.  I took them to my school and gave them the grand tour.  Charlotte asked me, "Where would my classroom be if I lived with you?"

I don't think she wants to live with me for the record though.  She told me she couldn't imagine having a house so close to her house.

I used to feel the exact same way.

Friday night Adam and I joined Shannon and Chris for dinner.  We went to Salt Lake to a pizza restaurant.  They are our foodie friends and we bond over good pizza.  We told them about our pizza challenge of yore and Adam even showed them one of the infographics.

It is the kind of thing where they didn't realize we were that nerdy, but they seem to like us anyway.

Since we were near, we stopped by to see Adam's new office.  Some people on his team moved him in and it is decorated with three WGU mugs, a fake plant, a frameless poster and four random books.

Put me in coach, I'm ready.

Adam doesn't really like stuff, but we can do better than that.  (Also, he insists he would kill real plants and I'm tempted to just go there once a week and water them myself.  You need plants.)

Saturday we went to the temple with Emma, which is very joy inducing for me.  I love being there with her.

We also stopped by my classroom to do a little and Adam diagnosed my desk chair that wobbles sometimes.  I wondered if it could be fixed; Adam said my dad could probably solder it.  It's broken, so I ordered a new one from Amazon and felt sad because I liked that chair a lot.

In news from the Davises of Davis, this big girl graduated to her front facing stroller:

She seems surprised by this turn of events.

Sunday evening, the Wasatch Front Winners, a group created by Ammon, had dinner at Ammon and Melanee's house.  It was their family, Clarissa and Timeon, Desi and Mason, Liberty (Nikki was in Nevada), Carolina (who was an honorary WFW member) and us.  We had such a good time!  The dinner was great and then we were entertained by a tour of all the reptiles (they have several and everyone held them except Adam and he moved across the room because he was not interested) and they played their instruments for us: Cormac on the cello, Azure on the flute and Lucette on the violin.  Then Timeon played the ukulele and he and Clarissa sang a Kiribati song.  Emma had left by then or I'm sure she would have wanted to get in on the music.  

I should have taken a picture.

Summer feels like it's winding down (even though it is just the beginning of August) and it was nice to have a family weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails