Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Communal living at its finest

Last night I told my dad I was living the dream.

He asked, "What are you dreaming of?"

For lack of a better idea I said, "A white Christmas."

I have loved being here.  It's always relaxing.  Yesterday I walked with my mom and Olivia.  We saw my uncle Joe along the way and he stopped to say hello.  

He said, "Are you out checking on the neighborhood?"

We said yes.  Just making sure everything is going well.

It is. 

Joe said whenever he comes here in the summer he wonders why anyone would not want to live here.

He said he'd mentioned that to another neighbor, Marty, and she said, "Winter."

And that's valid.  Winter's are no joke.

I helped my mom a little with her scrapbook project and we quilted at Olivia's and I worked on my degree.  I told myself I was going to take a break from it, but I'm not anyone's idea of a great vacationer.

And even though I struggle to just be lazy, I have had a very good time.  I love seeing so much of my family all throughout the day.  This view from my chair is just calming and restorative.

Even when I'm working on my degree.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails