Pages

Friday, July 19, 2024

Grateful Friday

I am feeling grateful for people today.  Three in particular.

I emailed Matt for advice with my research project.  He sent back this:

 I am coaching a soccer tournament today and tomorrow. I can call between stuff.

Sure enough, he called me.  He was very helpful like I knew he would be.  There was a certain amount of, "Wait, let me write this down!" on my part.  I'm grateful he is my principal.

In the gaps of my day yesterday, I tried to bring some civility to our basement.  (It will take more time than that!) I was sorting through some books and a bookmark fell out of a book that I must have put there decades ago.  Marianne had written on the back and I think sent it to me when she was serving as a missionary:


She is not the older sister I deserve, but I will always be grateful she is the older sister I got.

I can't imagine a more capable, exemplary and kind person to try to be like when I grow up.

And then there's Adam.  I'm always grateful for that guy.

Yesterday when he was getting ready for work, I asked, "Can I talk this over with you?"

I started talking to him about my Sunday School lesson and he said, "Oh, I thought it was going to be your research project."

He's my go to for all kinds of can-I-talk-this-over-with-you situations.  It's nice to have a smart guy around who is willing to listen.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

I still think that all the time when I read your writing. You are amazing and wonderful!

Olivia Cobian said...

...and amazingly wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails