Pages

Friday, July 12, 2024

Grateful Friday

Yesterday when Adam got home, I said, "I need a pep talk."

We talked it all out.  

I told him I was burned out.  I've been working working working on this degree and it is a lot and I don't want to start the school year tired and I also want to accelerate it to pieces.

Adam listened and advised like the superstar he is.

I have come up with a new plan.

I am going to work my very hardest for the rest of July.  In August, I will slow my pace and focus on starting school and then we'll see.

(Also I'm intimidated by my research and capstone project.)

(Also, why am I even doing this?!?)

I'm grateful for Adam.

After the pep talk/counseling session, we went to Trader Joe's for the single reason that I found out they had good gluten free pizza dough and Costco has not had the GF pizza Mark likes lately.

We got a lot of good stuff, like you do at Trader Joe's and then we came home and ate a very late dinner of crumbly aged cheddar cheese and strawberry jalapeño crisps and strawberries and grapes and strawberry rhubarb hand pies.

If there was a theme, it was strawberries.

I am grateful for Trader Joe's and the flexibility of empty nester dinners and strawberries.

OK, I'm off to study curriculum and instruction!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails