Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Nana and Papa's hotel


 I saw this on instagram and I felt seen....

Yesterday I went and got Braeden and QE.  I dropped Braeden off at the hotel to work alongside Adam and I took QE to Target.

I wasn't sure she would love it, but she did.  Sunday night we were prepping dinner and Adam accidentally broke some pyrex so that was the main reason for my mission, but it is also air conditioned which is pretty great when there is an excessive heat warning.

It was really easy to get along with each other since I was in no hurry, because guess who isn't ever in a hurry?  Two year olds.  We carefully looked at everything that caught her eye.  We got to the books and made a major pit stop.  I may or may not have slipped a few books in the shopping cart because how could I not?

She held my hand and took the world's tiniest steps in the Barbie aisle so she could look at everything.  

I took a side quest to the seasonal area because they were putting out school supplies and nothing like school supplies makes my heart sing.  We picked up some fat crayons.  It was maybe my favorite trip to Target ever.

After her nap, I went and got her again.  We read books and Adam was done with work for the day so we hit the pool.  She is completely fearless in the water and purposefully put her face in the water.  She loves to float and we have to always make sure we have a good grip on her because she is constantly trying something new.

She also told me she wanted to go in the filter.

That was a no.

We got her dry and changed back into her clothes and she and I snuggled in the bed and I read Cars and Trucks and Things that Go to her.  She delighted in finding the gold bug on every page.

Whenever we return her to her parents we regale them with tales of how brilliant she is like they don't know/aren't responsible for it.

I think everyone mostly thinks their grandchildren are brilliant so we feel right at home.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

This is so happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails