Pages

Monday, July 8, 2024

Weekend

 It was a weekend of digging out from under the effects of being gone.  My plants are all doing OK.  They are not too worse for the wear.  There was a lot of mail.  There was a lot of laundry.

I pulled some stuff out of the dryer from our first trip to California.  Adam and I are completely disoriented about which trip happened when.  We've given up trying to unravel it.

We met Emma and Mark for lunch at MOD and had pizza and visited for about 90 minutes.  It was great to reconnect and spend some time together.  

Otherwise, Adam spent most his time in his office, nose to the grindstone.

Turns out that when you're already busy and unexpectedly take two trips, there's a bit of an impact.

I told him he had chosen the better part.

It will all work out.

I taught Sunday School.  I didn't feel quite as panicky as usual, just 40% panicky.  Maybe I'm improving.

Adam was gone most of the day on Sunday and I failed to accomplish much with family history.  Guess how many William Smiths were born in Berkshire, England in 1806?

A lot.

I could not figure out which William Smith on all the records was the William Smith I was after and I don't know if I ever will.

Mark was sick so Emma was our only dinner guest.  It was great being with her.  We are happy to be catching up on lost Emma time.  We had steak and corn on the cob and asparagus and strawberries.

Emma and I decided we like fall and winter main dishes better, but summer side dishes.  Delicious!

I am painting the big armoire that used to house our TV back in the day.  It's been in the basement, full of games.  I want to paint it red and I wanted it upstairs because upstairs is where we actually play games.  I was saving the task for Sunday when Adam and Mark would both be here.

Emma said she and I were basically a Mark so we did it.  Adam on one side and Emma and me on the other.

As I told Mark, I missed him every step of the way.  And Braeden.  What good are strong sons if they aren't there when you need them?

Then we played a made up version of Rummikub.  It was mostly frustrating, but we cheered ourselves up with s'mores.

Our fire pit is about perfect.  It is in the shade and we light the propane and no one gets smoky and it is just pleasant.

Summer Sundays are good Sundays.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I am excited to see the photo of your red armoire!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails