Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Mixing it up

 Yesterday was a different sort of day.  I mean, it wasn't that different, but time not spent in my office in front of my computer is novel and welcome this summer.

We had all the youth over for yard games and s'mores so I went to the store for some reinforcements.  I bought a few classroom things.  

I took my laptop to the library and found a little quiet corner and worked a few hours.  I got majorly distracted by the half price book sale they were having.  I got 11 books for $4.25.  Two were for my classroom, four were for QE and the rest were for me.

Is there anything better than buying a whole armful of books for under $5?

This book set me back a quarter and those are two of the places I loved most when we went to France.  It was written in 1913 and is the author's reaction to going there.

I have no idea if it will be interesting, but I was willing to take the 25 cent risk.


It ended up being a great evening.  We had about 25 kids here and 10 adults.  We had corn hole and ladder golf and bocce ball set up.  Some kids played on the trampoline and some sat on the grass and some kids brought their own yard games to play.

People roasted s'mores and a big melted marshmallow splatted on the pavers and Adam and I didn't care at all.  There is absolutely nothing precious about our yard and I'm glad.  I was more worried about boys getting stabbed by thorns as they dove into bushes to get a frisbee than I was about the bushes.  If these bushes can withstand the deer and wild temperature swings here, they can take about anything.

I guess I don't need to tell you.  I'm back at my desk today.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

That sounds like such a great activity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails