Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Christie, I'm a Disappointment

Eeyore, the old grey Donkey, stood by the side of the stream, and looked at himself in the water.
"Pathetic," he said. "That's what it is. Pathetic."
He turned and walked slowly down the stream for twenty yards, splashed across it, and walked slowly back on the other side. Then he looked at himself in the water again.
"As I thought," he said. "No better from this side. But nobody minds. Nobody cares. Pathetic, that's what it is."
Winnie the Pooh

It's almost time to send The Shoes on their way.



And I feel like the girl (the one standing against the wall) that didn't get asked to dance.

I feel like I threw a party and no one came.

I feel like everyone simultaneously unfriended me on facebook.

I have not had many people enter my drawing for The Shoes.

Could it be that it's late November? And they're sandals?

That's what I'm telling myself.

Because I don't enjoy being such a disappointment.

If anyone else out there (are you out there?) would like to enter the drawing, please do.

It will help me feel more like a worthy person in the blogosphere.



One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday.
Eeyore
Winnie the Pooh

3 comments:

Katie said...

I think the shoes are darling, but they are too small for me. :( That's why I didn't enter.

Leslie said...

Oh Thelma, I am sure it is just that so many of your devoted readers are related and therefore genetically gifted with bigger feet! Otherwise I would have entered too!

Tabor said...

You mean I don't get them? I already have big plans where I could where them. I have small feet. Really I do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails