Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

To Have and To Hold


Last night was the big event. Whitney and Kelly's wedding.

As elegant as we know how to be:




Before the ceremony:

The wedding was held at this pretty little spot in downtown Everett which is an old hotel converted to an art gallery and ballroom.


Before the ceremony, as we browsed around looking at the art, I spied lovely ladies and handsome gentlemen everywhere:

niece Talia and SIL Megan


cousins Jackson and Asia with Emma and Mark

Braeden and Kain

the flower girl, Lilly with the dashing ring bearer

More ring bearer shots: I can't help myself


with Grandma Geri

The Dancing:


Our children had a fabulous time dancing--and sort of made spectacles of themselves. Mark's dancing is somewhat...athletic...a combination of Russian folk dancing and kick boxing. Emma dances mostly in a goofy and skittish way but Braeden. Braeden feels the music in his soul. He loves to dance and would spin anyone around the floor that was willing.

I wish I had better pictures...

Emma dancing with Jackson; Braeden with Talia


Emma and Braeden were at first the only two on the dance floor...totally uninhibited. Adam and I tried to decide where they came from. Neither of us would have done that.


Here's Mark threatening to take the arms off the little flower girl.

Braeden finally did get tired--I think sometime after Thriller

It was a great time... great food, great music and great company. (Adam and I even danced a few dances and I tried to keep up with his foxtrot...the only kind of dancing I know was learned at the Starr Valley Club Hall.)

Adam and his brother Brian kept me laughing the whole time. I know I'm easily amused but they crack. me. up. If Scott had been at our table too I probably would have had sparkling cider coming out of my nose.


Adam was a little mystified when he was asked to do the toast (what do Mormons know about toasts?) but he did an excellent job. He eloquently made us all laugh and cry and said what we all felt. We felt the loss of his dad keenly last night but we love Kelly and welcome him into the family with open arms and hearts.

That is if he's still willing after watching our children dance.



4 comments:

Whitney Shane said...

These are great!!
I love the picture of you and Adam. You look great.

Janet said...

You all look rather spiffy! Sounds like a wonderful, memorable evening. Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Olivia Cobian said...

I like your hair. Everything else looked lovely too.

Katie said...

Thanks for posting this! It brought a tear to my eye. :) I really wish I could have been there to celebrate with Whit!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails