Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Haul Out the Holly

When my kids swim in frigid water, walk around with t-shirts and shorts all winter, love to camp or have permanently warm hands, I think "they did not get that from me."

Today however, they are "my" children through and through. Before I woke up they were working busily. I had told them their bedrooms needed to be clean before we would decorate for Christmas last night when I kissed them goodnight.

They cleaned their rooms and did their chores all before 8:00. I'm telling you, that never happens.

Also, Mark started moving furniture to make room for the tree (which we're not putting up until next weekend) and Emma swept and mopped the kitchen (without moving any of the chairs or rugs). I have to applaud their efforts. They're as excited to get the house decorated as I am.

Christmas in the Northwest may be the gift God wrapped in green, but we're going to do our best to splash some red on our little corner of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails