Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Third Outing






I took The Shoes to another of my favorite places today.



It just never disappoints. I love the place.

First for the cheesy posed picture: proof I took the shoes:


notice the sunglasses--there was a weird bright light outside that causes squinting...I can't remember what it's called



I took my straw sipping bookish sidekick along.



After debating the merits of staying or going, the boys decided to stay home. Emma and I didn't exactly protest.

In a rare some-kind-of-miracle-I-must-be-living-right turn of events, it was a cloudless day. The drive along 405 in the bright sunshine was gorgeous! It's amazing what a blue sky will do to lift my spirits. If it weren't for the tiny detail that Adam's job is here, I would be packing up my family to move to the sunlit high desert faster than you could say overcast sky.


Emma and I had a marvelous time at IKEA. We soaked up the sights (and lignonberries). Even though I didn't "need" much, quite a few things flew into my cart (without my permission, I promise Adam). You'll be happy to know they were all very attractive items. Think of it as me spending the budget I didn't spend on Halloween decorations.

That works, right?

The next outing I'm taking the shoes on is not necessarily one I'm looking forward to. Stay tuned. I'll explain.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Ikea is always a fun treat to go there. You sure picked a good day to go and enjoy the beauty on the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails