Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

My Accomplices

I had an idea for a Christmas present and I needed my sisters help.

(I'm not at liberty to tell my idea because my mom reads this blog sometimes--and leaves comments referencing my slip wearing habits like "were you born in a barn?" I don't know, you were there. Was I?)

It's a gift for my mom (and myself which is the case sometimes with my gifts).

I called my sisters and got both of their answering machines. They were both having school with their children but I pleaded for their attention and set up a "conference call" this afternoon. Because when I get an idea, I wanted to start it yesterday and they get that. Especially Marianne. We're not sit around and ruminate types of people. We dive in and fix the mistakes later.

We had our conference call (Clarissa even joined). Just like we used to divvy up Barbie outfits and dish jobs, we got straight to work. Creating with my sisters is an easy and familiar task. They are clever and witty and wise. They tell me the unvarnished truth and don't take any guff. (I like the word guff. It doesn't get used enough.) And they're helping me with my project. They are my go to girls when I need advice and honesty and perspective.


Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.
~Louisa May Alcott

4 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

I told Robert I had a conference call today. I felt cool. Love, M

Robert Johnson said...

Can you believe I figured out how to leave a comment in my name?!? I figured it out on Deborah's blog which is deborahphotography.blogspot.com where you can see pictures of my kids that she took!

Olivia Cobian said...

"Especially Marianne." You too, Olivia. Let's just remember who answered the phone DURING SCHOOL.

Olivia Cobian said...

Just kidding. I know what you meant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails