Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Getting Over It

Don't you just love the first of November?

Don't you just love that Halloween's over?

I know, I know. I'm trying to have a less cranky attitude.

Yesterday at church I was thanking a lady (that I admire a lot) for sending her polite son to our house for a Halloween party with Braeden. She said she was glad for an excuse for him not to go trick-or-treating (these boys are on the cusp of being too old but they're not sure they want to be too old). I confided that I really hate Halloween. She said, "I used to. I decided that I needed to get over it."

She's wise. One of the reasons I admire her. One of the reasons I like going to church too. Almost everyone there is smarter than me. Sometimes I get too worked up about things that don't matter very much.

I'm going to get over it. I'm going to try. (But really, when people say that Halloween is their favorite holiday?! Have they met Christmas?)

So in the interest of "getting over it", I'll post some of the festive pictures of our Halloween. My poor children suffer with their unenthusiastic mother but luckily for all of us, the neighborhood goes Halloween crazy so they're able to get their fix.


Braeden and Emma flexing their pumpkin carving muscles

Mark the Clone Trooper in front of the black light (that was necessary for Braeden's party)

Getting ready to hit the streets..Emma's cat costume was the original creation of her and her long suffering grandmother

The witch's brew beverage at Braeden's party (see, I'm not such a bad sport)

I'm giving my kids dry ice for Christmas. They had a great time playing with it...and it disappears! No mess to clean up!


1 comment:

Susie said...

Looks like the kids had a wonderful eventful Halloween. Love Emma and Mark's costumes I bet they got a load of candy too. The dry ice effects looks cool lingering in your kitchen. I'm not a big Halloween fan either, I just have to deal with like you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails