Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ruby


The Ruby Mountains were the backdrop to my life growing up. Always there. Always beautiful. Always constant and always changing (depending on the light).

I love them.

Now all the more reason to love them:

"Today's the day they give babies away" as my mom's doctor, Dr. Moren used to sing to her on the day we were all delivered.

My brother Tabor and his wife Katie are the proud new parents of Ruby. Grandchild number 18 for my parents (!).

I've been smiling all day because I agree with Carl Sandburg:

A baby is God's opinion that life should go on.


I'm excited to meet her (although it won't be soon enough for my taste). I'm excited she's joined our family.

I also agree with Gloria Steinum (I collect quotes like other people collect teacups):

Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense and as couragious as either one.


Good job Katie!!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations to you all! LOVE the name!

Tabor said...

Thank you for touching on our happy day. She really is a gem. She is pretty like her mom and sleeps like me. We have it made.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails