Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Additionally

This morning as I was laying in my steamy bath, staring at the diffused light coming through the blinds, I started thinking about Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving.

I know how important it is for me to be grateful.

This morning I thought about all the usual things I'm grateful for:

Family
Friends
Health
Faith
Home
Transportation
Adam's job

But I then I started thinking about other things, things that make my life better and things for which I'm truly grateful.

fresh air
blankets
a piano
a dishwasher
a fireplace
handmade gifts from people I love
my computer/the internet/email
a bed
good activities for my children
indoor plumbing
antibiotics
books
my little front porch
comfortable places to sit
a refrigerator and freezer
hulu
memories of Thanksgiving at my grandma's
memories in general
homeschooling my kids
magazines
soap and shampoo
insulin for my diabetic brother
paper and pens
a camera and photographs
lotion
electricity


I could go on and on and on but you get the idea.

So many things for which to be grateful.

But now I have rolls to bake.

And two children to hug (I already hugged Mark, he still comes to find me in the morning).

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Robert Johnson said...

Maybe I'll show my ignorance or my lack of pop-culture awareness or my non-television lifestyle, but what the Sam Neff is hulu?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails