Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

30 minutes

Even though I usually see Emma at least once a week, I was missing her and invited her to have dinner with me last night.  Adam, Braeden and Mark all had other commitments so it was just my girl and me.

How I love her!

She is interesting and witty and predictable and unpredictable.  We talked about makeup (I asked her for advice because she is good at it and I am not).  We talked about college and Women's Chorus (they're singing at the devotional today and have a concert next week).  We talked about the new aides at the school where I work.  We talked about apartments and France and friends.

My own mom taught me that kids don't need their mothers to be their friends; they have plenty of friends.  Kids need their mothers to be their mothers.

So I've never been one to say they're my best friends, but I sure like spending time with these kids.

Adam joined us after his meeting and we talked some more.

One of the best parts of my life is being only 30 minutes away from my college kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails