Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

Super weekend

Friday Adam refereed (and had a fan ejected from the game) and Mark hung out with his friends and I painted my nails and watched the Marie Kondo Netflix show that I'd been hearing so much about.  I've read her book which is much more interesting to me than the show.  At least the episode I watched, its main value was making me feel good about myself because the couple in the show found it too hard to fold their laundry and wash their dishes because they had two children.

**
*

Saturday I pondered just how weird humans are.

First, Groundhog's Day.

How did it get started and how did it continue and how is it continuing to continue?

I like weather predictions as much as the next girl (probably more) but not from a groundhog.

Groundhog's Day did bring us the movie though and that's worth something.

**
*

Also on Saturday Adam and I had a party we called a Music Night with some of our friends.  We made a cheese tray that included lots of deliberation and going to three grocery stores.

We were so proud of our creation, I took a picture:



We noticed this in our backyard:



When Mark (who was at rehearsal ALL day) got home, I showed him the broken tree.  He said, "Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago."

"Why didn't you tell us?!?"

"I figured you must have seen it.  Don't you look outside?"

Maybe I do and maybe I don't because I definitely hadn't seen it.

**
*

In a continuation of how weird humans are, there's the Super Bowl.  When we were in elementary school, one of Marianne's friends (a girl no less) told her that she liked Super Bowl Sunday more than Christmas.

What?

It is really strong and athletic men donning lots of protective gear so they can crash into each other in dangerous ways in pursuit of a strangely shaped ball.

I read this:


American adults say they will spend an average $81.30 for a total of $14.8 billion as they watch the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams meet up in the Super Bowl this year. The biggest spenders are those ages 35-44 at an average $123.26.

That is staggering to me.  I don't understand.  I know I'm in the minority here.  I know.  I may have a little bandwagon interest if the Seahawks had been playing but they were not.


We had our own Souper Bowl with our BYU kiddos.  I made three kinds of soup and we had two kinds of bread and some of our favorite people.

Emma later sent me this:


Liberty taught our Gospel Study lesson which was wonderful.  It's such a rare and unique time in our lives when we get these spectacular people to come over on Sundays.  We know how lucky we are.

I gave a little recap of the stake fireside we had earlier in the week.  Part of it was about how people (kids) need 8 hugs a day that last for 8 seconds each.  We had a spontaneous hug-a-thon, everyone counting to 8.  Leif said it seemed like we were part of a strange cult.

After everyone left and we emptied and reloaded the dishwasher (basic safety for a Sunday night especially when you used 27 bowls for soup), Mark and Adam and I played Speed-cheesi.  It is Adam's modified version of Parcheesi.  Adam tinkers with everything (except not hodgepodge soup because I won't let him--some things are sacred).

Our empty nest plus one is a pretty good place.

Even when Mark doesn't tell us about the broken tree.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

That cheese tray was amazing! And that would be my kind of souper bowl party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails