Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

Grateful Friday

A little kindergartner who is new to the school and new to learning English, ran up to me yesterday, smiled nervously, took a deep breath and said, "Happy Valentine's Day."

**
*

I was writing with a very reluctant 3rd grade boy (my own sons prepared me for very reluctant writers) and I played music for him on my phone in exchange for him writing.  He requested an exceedingly repetitive electronic video game sound track that was something akin to fingernails on the chalkboard.

But the boy wrote.

**
*

Adam and I feasted on shrimp scampi for dinner last night.  You can't be uncheered by shrimp scampi.

**
*

Yesterday Emma told me, "I'm all flowered up."  The night before Braeden gave her flowers too.   Like father like son.  Good men raise good men.

**
*

I am substituting today in first grade.  It's not my favorite grade but it is my favorite first grade because I've been in the classroom and know all those little cuties.  Also, it gives me more recertification points.

**
*

Mark has been exercising with me lately which is hugely motivating.  Also, sometimes he pretends like it's hard so I'll feel better.  Then he leads me in stretches with lots of encouragement.

**
*

Everyone should have a Mark but you can't have mine.  I need that boy around.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails