Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

My best girl

Emma is twenty!

I failed to take any pictures at our birthday celebration for Emma yesterday.  During the singing of Happy Birthday, I took a Marco Polo because we had people singing in Cantonese, Russian, French, Finnish, Spanish and English.

Before they left, I realized I hadn't taken a solitary picture so Emma said, "Come outside and take one."

It was lightly snowing and fully cold but I did it because I love my girl.



There's a lot to love about Emma.

At Mark's show the other night, I dropped a mint on the floor of the theater.  "It's OK,"  Emma said, "some mouse will find it and be minty fresh."

She called me the other day to read a poem she wrote.

She sends texts like this one:



Her creative mind is always buzzing.

She helped Mark get a job.  (Which is a Big Deal around here.  He'll work as an usher at the theater.)

She will discuss (kind of at length) which word means exactly what you're trying to communicate.

She is a master of portmanteau which never ceases to delight me.

She works incredibly hard and makes her dreams happen.  The girl is going to Paris in the fall because no wasn't an option.  It terrifies me a little but mostly thrills me at the same time.

She has always terrified me a little but mostly thrilled me at the same time.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails