Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Unplanned

For a planner like me, Saturday was a topsy turvy day.

At about 10:45 AM, Adam and I were talking a bit about how we wanted the rest of the day to go.  (See above:  planner.)  Emma called.  She had texted earlier but I hadn't seen the text. (Otherwise she never would have called.  She doesn't like talking on the phone.)  Emma said, "I wanted to make sure you remembered about the tickets to the Hale Theater.

I hadn't remembered.  None of us had.

Emma said, "The show is at 11:00.  And I got you either one ticket or two, I can't remember."

Mark needed to see the show because he'd missed the door meeting when they show all the ushers the show.  It was during closing night of the show at his school.

I called the box office to find out 1) how many tickets we had reserved and 2) were there any more available.

We had two tickets and there were a few available besides.  "Just come to the box office before the show."

I yelled down the stairs to Mark, who was still in his pajamas.  I said, "Did you remember about tickets to the theater today?"

Mark said, confused, "But I'm not working today."

I said, "I know!  Just go get dressed.  We're going to go watch."

"What?"

"Just get dressed!"

Adam drove with more enthusiasm than usual (one of us has a lead foot and it's not him) and we got to the theater at 11:01.  Which is impressive because it's a 15 minute drive.

At the box office they were really nice and accommodating and didn't act like we were jerks for being late (even though they want patrons to arrive 20 minutes early).  We were seated in the dark theater.  The show was Newsies which I've loved since college when I watched the movie over (and over) with my roommates.  Turns out I love it still.

After the show, we did triage on our day and tried to piece together the things we'd planned to do earlier.

One item on the list was an errand Adam needed at Simply Mac.

We left in the late afternoon and asked Mark if he wanted to come too.  He didn't.  One store turned into three and then I told Adam I was getting hungry.

Adam said, "Let's stop for dinner."

I said, "Let's see if Emma wants to join us."  Because we were practically in Provo by then.

So we took Emma out for Korean food.  Then we went to the Provo City Center temple grounds.  Then we went to the Creamery.

About 9:30 Mark texted, "How much longer do you think you'll be?"

I really am a planner.

I am.


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Dad says it's one thing to be that way but another thing to tell the world about it. Poor Mark. This is reminding me of Lake Chelan.

your mom

Thelma said...

We'd invited him to come with us and he wanted to stay home. You snooze you lose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails