Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2019

If you give a mouse a cookie

Or, if you give a girl a dresser.

With the new dresser, I started moving furniture and reorganizing (which is one of my favorite things to do) but I sort of opened pandora's box.

Along with furniture I moved storage locations of a whole lot of things.  I tackled my office once and for all (probably not once and for all, but I can dream) and I decided what purpose I wanted the room to have and anything that didn't belong was ousted.  Stuff started seeping around like floodwater from room to room.

The office kept getting messier and messier and it was a painstakingly slow process to get it into shape because I was trying to really limit the scope of what was contained in there.  I went through everything.  I wanted it more of a peaceful workspace and less of a storage room that could cause bodily damage if you turned too sharply.

As happens with nearly every project I undertake, I thought at several intervals, "I've made a huge mistake."

Adam mentioned in passing that he needed to go through his closet and get rid of things.  "Don't do it!" I warned.  "No good will come of that!"

I didn't take a picture early in the chaos but did take this shot of my desk when it was the last vestige of mayhem in the room.


Multiply that picture times a billion (more of less) and you get an idea of the disarray.

There are still pockets of things that need attending to, but I stopped to celebrate the victory of an office that makes me sigh in contentment.




Before, the closet doors were open and things were always spilling out.

Now it's a lovely little spot (I just want to paint all the trim white).


2 comments:

Jen Dahl said...

Beautiful! I wish you could help me calm the disarray in all of the rooms of my house...

Olivia Cobian said...

Ditto to Jennifer's comment! You are a wonder!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails