Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Lovebirds

Last night Desi and Adam and I had a conference call.  (Adam in Las Vegas, Desi in Provo and me in good old PG.)  Desi had asked to interview us for her eternal families class.  She said she needed to talk to "a successful couple about their marriage."

Flattery aside, we'd do just about anything for Desi so we said yes.

She asked us questions about our courtship and wedding and married life.  Overwhelmingly, with each answer I felt lucky and happy and grateful.  I love being married and I love being married to Adam.

Some of the questions were a little squirm inducing, like how have you needed to change?

Um.  They are the ways I still need to change.

Some of the questions felt impossible to answer, like how is your life different because you're married to each other?

Adam and I both struggled with that one.  I guess we've been married long enough that we can't imagine life without each other.  There are countless ways he's formed my life.

We hung up with Desi and seconds later, Adam called me back.

"Wow, I love you," I said.

"I love you, too," he said.  "That was fun."

Then we went on to talk about our day and ideas I've been mulling over from the book I'm reading and about opportunities and inequality.  He also told me about the amazing and enormous traffic circle he saw in Las Vegas.  "You know how I feel about traffic circles," he said.

"I do," I said.

I told him about the really abnormally quirky person I encountered at work that day.

Because that's life with Adam.  We talk about the mundane and the cerebral and everything in between.

And usually we look back at life together and comment, "That was fun."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails