Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

My valentine

Tonight my romantic Valentine date will include sitting next to Adam at a play we'll be seeing for the 4th time (5th time if you count that we saw it a few months ago at the Hale Theater).

Because that's how we roll.

We both agree that there are a whole lot of things we would maybe rather do instead but at the same time we agree that there's nowhere we'd rather be.  Because Adam and I are more than just Adam and me.  We are Braeden and Emma and Mark too.

It is wonderful to be beside someone who loves these kids as much as I do.  They're our people and if that means going to the same production night after night, count us in.

Here are some other things about my valentine.

The other morning he saw my hand warmers on the counter and saw that I hadn't recharged them yet. He did them for me while I was upstairs getting ready for work.  It made him late, but that is the kind of guy he is.

He lets me put my cold feet next to his (always) warm feet.

He came home from work last night with two bouquets of tulips, one for me and one for Emma.  He always gets Emma flowers for Valentine's Day.  He got her flowers even though he was not planning on seeing her, but last night she very coincidentally came home to take a shower because the water heater in her apartment was broken.  And there Adam was, all ready with tulips.

He has a seemingly unquenchable thirst for adventure and always has good ideas and a willing heart.

He supports my dreams and is unwavering in his belief in me even when I am whiny.

When we are sitting together, holding hands and watching our kids in a choir concert or school play, he constantly makes me laugh with witty observations.  It reminds me of when we were freshmen at BYU and he would distract me every day in Biology 100.  (I didn't know until years later that he went to class twice each day so he didn't need to listen when he was in class with me...I just thought he was a genius because how was he doing so well in class when we just talked the whole time?)

I still think he's a genius.

And I'm a genius, because I was smart enough to marry him.





2 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh, love you two!

Mark Dahl said...

That is so nice, Thelma. I'm thankful you two found each other. your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails