Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Light and truth

There was a teen suicide at a neighboring high school that had a direct impact on some of the people at the school where I work.  I felt heavy with the sadness of it all and came home and hugged my teenager a lot.

Last night we went to Emma's concert at BYU.  I went expecting beautiful music and I heard it.  Also, I felt lifted.  As I heard songs of encouragement and songs of praise I was reminded that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and also a Savior.  There is pain and mental illness and tragedy and grief on earth but it doesn't last and there is comfort to be found.

I want to be a reminder of that Light just like those amazingly talented college kids who reminded me last night.

Recently I was at a social gathering and a woman was saying how much she hates BYU.

Can't relate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails