Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Happiness is...

...seeing one of my students and his mom at Costco.  She thanked me for helping him into the school the other day.  For one thing, I'm surprised she recognized me since I wasn't wearing a million layers and for another thing, it made me realize that I'm not just helping a student into the school, I'm also reassuring his mom that there are people who care about her son.  I'm glad I have the job I do.

...sitting next to Adam during Mark's show (three down, three to go!).  He makes me laugh with his wry comments.

...having the Activity Day girls deliver treats for Adam.  They were giggling and thrilled to be on their errand.



...getting a Provo library card because I pay the fee to have an Orem library card.  Having fun isn't hard when you have a library card. (That's from Arthur; can't take credit.)

...no cavities at the dentist.

...not having to go to the dentist for another 6 months.

...having our upstairs furnace working 100% of the time now and we had new smart thermostats installed.  They are currently "learning" our schedule and I turned the heat up on my phone before I got out of bed.  It's reassuring to get out of bed when the heat is already blasting.

...errands with Mark and interesting discussions.  His brain is unique.  He told me he had been thinking about what he would take with him that would ensure him supreme power if he time traveled to the Stone Age.  We talked at length about it because there are a lot of things that would wow them. Matches, a pocketknife, solar panel, a pencil.

...knowing we have Emma's choir concert tonight.

...seeing birds outside.  It's still cold but birds mean it won't last forever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails