Pages

Friday, January 3, 2020

Books

Janet gave me this for Christmas and I LOVE it!



You scratch off the books you've read and then there are these little stickers you use to rate them.  Of the "100 Epic Reads," I have read 46.  Some of them I read in high school so I decided to read ALL of them again/or for the first time.  This is in addition to my goal to read every Newbery.

I think I have reading delusions.

These are the books I read during the break (it's more than I've read in a long time and that makes me happy).




They are a combination of two Newberys, a book I vetted for a read aloud for my class, The Secret Garden because it was on the chart (I scratched off Harry Potter too because I just read it to my class) and The Sugar Queen because I wanted a light hearted book I love for the hospital.

I'm also a little over halfway done with Endling the Last by Katherine Applegate.  I was considering reading it to my class.  I still might but it's kind of intense in spots.  I think it's a perfect 5th or 6th grade book.

These are the books I bought at the library.  I spent $16 for the whole stack!


Some for my classroom, some are on the chart and some I just wanted.

I feel sad that today is the last day of Christmas break.  Rats.  There are still a lot of things I want to do before our lives resume their pace and Emma moves back to Provo.

By the time I finished putting all our Christmas stuff away and all my grandma's Christmas stuff away, I felt like I never wanted to see Christmas again, but that is a short lived emotion.  I love Christmas.

And I also love Christmas break.

My desk didn't get cleaned, but I took care of my girl and spent time with my family and read books.

(My desk has been waiting for awhile and there's no reason to believe it will stop being patient.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails