Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Yesterday

Braeden texted me this:


And that was just days after I told him that Olivia and I were pinning all our hopes on the fact that our boys will have better grades when they're older because Braeden does....

Emma texted me this:

I texted back...um, what is a paragon of filial piety?

So, my daughter is smarter than I am but that is nothing new to anyone.

Mark sent me on a roller coaster (as is his specific talent) by telling me first thing in the morning that he was out of insulin and forgot to tell me earlier.

I called the pharmacy and reordered and Adam stepped up to the plate and I went to school.

Adam is the MVP on the daily around here.  He stays up late with Mark when Mark's glucose levels are wonky (they had been the night before).  He changes his work schedule around to be here for Mark when things self destruct.  He doesn't get on the roller coaster like I do, he just calmly takes care of things.  I know we are partners in this endeavor but it really feels like he is doing more than his share and I'm very very grateful.

I married well.

As for me, I taught school and then had 13 parent teacher conferences.  It was exhausting on a cellular level but also nice.  I love telling parents that I love their children and I love giving them specific reasons.

I gave one mother something her son had written about how he wanted to be a better helper to his mom because he loved her.

She started crying.

So I guess I can't adopt him which is what I've been hoping for.  He is a terrific kid but I kind of doubt his mom will part with him.

***

The only person in our family I didn't hear from yesterday was Anna but I did show one of my students her picture.  She wanted to see a picture of "your other one."  (Braeden is a hard name apparently.)  I showed her an engagement picture and said, "That's Braeden and that is his wife, Anna."

My student said 1) she's so pretty! and 2) I love her name!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails