Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Winter

Emma sent this Southern California sunrise picture on Friday when she was at Disneyland in the 5:00 hour to get tickets to the new Star Wars ride (according to her:  worth it).


I sent my own early morning picture in return:


Two of my students coming in hot.  Some of the parents drop off their kids at the church behind the school and then they race across the field to me.

Winter with all its post Christmas reality has settled in.  I paid bills on Saturday and got three paper cuts in my ridiculously fragile winter skin.  Three!  I said to Mark, "I literally deal with paper all week long.  Why did I get three paper cuts just opening the mail?!?"

He said, "Maybe you don't have anyone to impress at home."

That's the ticket.  I get paper cuts when I forget to impress people....

Sunday morning before he left for his meetings, Adam eyed what I was wearing and said it was "a look."  I forgot I had on yoga pants under my dress to keep warm.

Happily I remembered to take them off before church.

At least the sun is shining.


Sunlight streaming through the windows warms the place up and lights up the plants.  There's still life around here!  We're not frozen yet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails