Pages

Friday, January 24, 2020

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful for the way my students rallied around one of their own when she lost a prized "squishy."  I didn't know squishies were a thing but they are.  She lost hers and she was in the depths of despair as only an 8 year old girl can be.  I offered a reward and one of the students found it the next morning before school on the playground.  There was SO much rejoicing.  The student with the lost squishy is late almost every day and the students were keeping a sharp lookout for her because they were so excited to tell her the good news about the found toy.  It was heartwarming and a brilliant example of how we should treat each other in life.

I'm grateful that I have my sisters to talk to on the phone.  They make me feel heard and seen and in a million little ways assure me that I'm not alone.  We are raising our children together which is a huge comfort.  I always go away from talking to them refreshed and feeling like I can do some more of whatever it is I need to do.

I'm grateful every morning that I have a fireplace in my room that I can switch on at 5:45.  It makes January mornings more approachable.  I can't imagine what my ancestors who had to chop and carry firewood and actually, you know, build a fire would think of me flipping that switch.  If I could talk to them, I would tell them that I am not taking it for granted.  I marvel at the luxury every cold morning.

I'm grateful for how kind everyone is to me at school.  I'm surrounded by these adults that compliment me and cheer me on and understand me and this work we've undertaken that is sometimes super thankless.

Every once in awhile it isn't thankless and I'm grateful for that.  One of my really hard students said yesterday that he was "glad to have such a kind teacher."

Even though we are at odds many times a day, I'm grateful he still likes me.  I like him too.

I'm grateful for Adam.  He's my person.  Always and forever.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm grateful for YOU and the great perspective you give me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails