Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

This weekend

Adam and I...

...shoveled snow together on Sunday morning.  It was light and powdery but froze to ice if you stepped on it.  I imagine it is what shoveling temperamental powdered sugar would be like.

...went to Trader Joe's and Winco and lunch on Saturday like usual.  Also the pharmacy.  #diabetes.

...watched British and Australian TV (a new genre for us) and ate crackers and a cheese ball like it was a celebration when really it was just us.

...didn't get invited to Braeden's birthday party.

...celebrated with him the next day, on Sunday.

...told each other about the book being read (me) and the trippy TV show being watched (him).

...watched the weather together with mild apprehension Saturday night (because Mark did get invited to Braeden's birthday party and it was snowing).

....arranged some vocabulary assessment data (it was mostly Adam, but it was my data so I think we both sort of did it).

...laughed.  I almost died when I was eating chocolate cake and Adam said to Braeden, "My gift to you is advice.  Don't wait until you're 46 to discover Yanni."  I don't know why it make me laugh so much but there I was gasping for air and the kids were thinking, who is Yanni and does she need medical attention?!?

...did some yoga.  With Mark.  He was late for his morning rehearsal on Saturday so he had to perform "the position of woe" which is all these pushups and pilates type exercises.  Mark was sore Sunday night so I said, "Let's do some yoga!"  The three of us did and it ended up with all of us lying on the floor laughing which made Mark hurt.

"Stop, stop," he said between laughing and gulping for air.  But I think it worked out some lactic acid.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails