Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Books

Mostly so I can keep track, here are two books I read recently:

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman*****

I loved this book!  It is exactly the kind of book I love.  It had quirky characters and a love story and a twist and it made me laugh out loud a few times.  (It also made me cry.)

It's about a sort of emotionally damaged and lonely woman who makes a friend that changes everything.

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah ****

I like every book by Kristin Hannah.  This was not one of my favorites though.  It was just so brutal.  It was about a family that moved to Alaska to get a fresh start.  The dad was a messed up Vietnam vet who was abusive and a little crazy.  The mom was fragile and didn't have the strength to leave him.  It  ultimately ended in a satisfying way, but it was rough.  I skimmed parts.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails