Pages

Friday, January 17, 2020

Grateful Friday

Last night we got a message there was a snow advisory two hour delay for Alpine School District.  My head filled with thoughts of productivity.  I was thinking I would take Joan anyway (she's a little champ in the snow) and have two hours to work in my classroom.  Alas.  Regular start time.

Which is just as well because I wasn't sure what I wanted to cut out of my day.

It made me grateful for two things though:  1- we haven't had snow days (which I appreciate because we would have to make them up during spring break and that would be tragic) and 2- we have had the right amount of small storms blow through so we haven't had any awful inversion days yet.

Way to go, weather!

***

I'm grateful for the joy filled messages Emma has been sending me from Disneyland.  I'm a little jealous but I am happy to live vicariously through her.  Reminds me of when she went to the Louvre every Friday while she was living in Paris.

***

I'm grateful we were all home last night.  Mark did homework and Adam and I were incredibly tired slugs.  At 8:30, we were shocked it was only 8:30.  Life has had a way of eroding our energy.

***

I'm grateful for answered prayers.  I was praying for one of my students--her mother, actually--and all is well.

***

I'm grateful that I received a small grant I applied for for my classroom.  I'm going to buy lots and lots of books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails