Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Tiny (thank you) notes

Dear Students,

Thank you for being good for my evaluation.  That really could have gone either way.


Dear Students (particularly the girls),

Thank you for being so kind to our new student.  She is lucky to have you.


Dear Emma,

Thank you for teaching me about art so I can wow my students.  From now on you have to tell me more about each artist/painting of the week that I have.


Dear Still Light Sky at 5:30 PM,

Thank you for being still light at 5:30 PM.  You give me springlike hope.


Dear Adam,

Thank you for making Sunday dinner and helping me clear out a file cabinet and then carrying it into my classroom and taking Mark to his appointment with the school counselor and for generally being awesome (and I am sorry you had to have a root canal).


Dear Mark,

Thank you for giving me "sustaining hugs" when I need them.  Also, thank you for being reluctant to leave our room/bed at night.  Even when I want you to go away so I can sleep, I want you to stay forever because I love you.  It's complicated.


Dear Relief Society meeting,

Thank you for being there even though I was tired and had to sort of convince myself to go.  Connecting with friends is worth it.


Dear Every Little Thing's Going to Be All Right,

I went to bed feeling sad/discouraged/stressed.  I just wanted someone to tell me everything was going to be OK.  I slept poorly but when I did sleep, I had a dream that reminded me of truths I know (and I really rarely even remember my dreams so this feels like a gift).  This morning I was again reminded in a really weird and unexpected way about what matters a lot and what matters less.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Every little thing is going to be all right. I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails