Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Family weekend

It has been so nice.  I love living close to my people.

Olivia and Lili came Friday and Emma and I went shopping with them.  Lili bought her school clothes and the rest of us bought clothes too--mostly clearance sweaters.

I need sweaters like I need a hole in my head.

We had a good time and Olivia and I bought the exact same shirt because we both have impeccable taste apparently.

I found out our dear nieces were going to be in town so I invited them over for dinner.  Clarissa, Desi and Carolina got here while we were still out shopping.  When we got home I said, "I'm sure you'll forgive us for being late when you see what cute clothes we bought."

They oohed and ahhed in all the appropriate places while we showcased our purchases.

We had dinner and I just enjoyed having a kitchen full of my kinswomen.  Mark and Adam were completely outnumbered but they didn't seem to mind.

We were going to go get gelato which is a new passion of mine since we discovered this amazing gelateria, but they closed at 8:00.

The Johnson girls left and the rest of us sat on the deck and watched the sunset.

We made an early night of it so the ACT takers could rest.

Saturday morning, we saw our children off with their snacks and number 2 pencils and ACT test tickets.

Olivia and I took a walk and ate breakfast on the deck and just enjoyed being together.  We also went to my school and she was very patient with me showing her all the things in my classroom.  Adam came with us and he was doubly patient because he's already seen all the things.  A few times.  And heard all about everything.  A lot.

We reunited with our kids and went to MOD for lunch and then had our gelato.  It doesn't disappoint.

On Sunday we had a simple sacrament meeting and drove to Nevada.  Adam had bishopric meeting in the car.  Sometimes I hate the coronavirus and sometimes I really don't.  I love carefree Sundays.

We went to Nevada for Cherry Pie Night.  I heard Adam tell the bishopric and then he said, "No, it's really just as simple as that."

My parents have an enthusiastic cherry tree and my mom made eight pies and froze enough cherries for eight more pies.

We got there in the early afternoon and sat on the front porch and visited with my parents.  I gave my dad my rings and measured my fingers so he can make them bigger.  People started arriving and it was so nice to see everyone.  All my siblings were there except Ammon.

I like having Tabor's family so much closer.  We roasted hot dogs on willows over a fire which is my childhood summer.  We talked a lot and laughed a lot and made fun of our parents which, you know, is children's birthright.  (I know our kids live by that rule.)  The pie was delicious.  My mom thanked Tabor and me for driving so far for pie and Tabor said, "I would have driven further."

Me too.  And not just for the pie.

I left my phone in the car and didn't take a single picture.  I was all set to steal some off Olivia's blog this morning but she didn't post any.

I think I'll remember it anyway.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Look for those pictures next Sunday! I did my blog before Cherry Pie Night. I also want to clarify that I was NOT "just being patient." I loved seeing your room. You are an inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails