Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Not a great day

No one was happy for one reason or another so it was a grumpy morning all around.

My phone was still on Pacific time which it automatically switched to when we went to Nevada but didn't automatically switch back from.  It messed me up.

I tried to help Mark change his sensor and when it didn't disengage from the applicator (which is scarily like a staple gun) the whole apparatus was hanging from him by the tiny wire that had been stapled (for lack of a better word) into him.  Not great.  I had to interrupt Adam's meeting for help and Adam tried to use pliers to get it to release so we could salvage it but it didn't work.

Diabetes isn't always fun.  Or ever.

I had a one hour meeting at school that turned into about three hours and was super stressful as we talked about all the things.  It feels like there's little chance we're going to be able to keep everything clean and keep everyone socially distanced.  Schools were not set up for pandemics.  My brain resists ambiguity and that's all we have.

I cried after I got home.

In the evening Adam and I went to Costco.  When we were walking in, a woman was walking out and laughed out loud.  She said, "I love your shirt!"

I forgot I was wearing my World's Okayest Mom shirt.  Honestly, the shirt feels aspirational on days like that.  If only I could be the world's okayest mom....

Some days are just like that.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

Hope today is better!

Olivia Cobian said...

You are always more than okay! I love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails